Bad Hofgastein is old spa resort in the centre of one of Austria's largest ski areas, the Gastein Valley. The area is famous
Latest Resort News
- Ischgl / 2 May 2020 - Eros Ramazzotti live in Ischgl
- Kanin / Kanin ski resort to get a EUR 50mln overhaul
- Cortina d'Ampezzo / What’s new in Cortina for the 2019-2020 Winter Season
- Les Saisies / Les Saises new chairlift Legette
- Les Saisies / Les Saisies new Residence Club MMV Les Châlets des Cîmes
- Pitztal Glacier / Climate concerns put Pitztal-Soelden glacier project on thin ice
- Vemdalen / This winter's new developments in Vemdalen
- Arosa / Replacement of the 2-seater Brüggerhorn by a detachable 6-seater chairlift in Arosa
- Flumserberg / Flumserberg: New Maschgenkamm station
The Latest Articles
Snowpass Card – the first European wide season ski pass
Italy’s Bardonecchia has been named the cheapest family ski resort this winter
For the first time in 12 years, Bardonecchia, which is located in the Piedmont region of Italy and has over 100 km of slopes, has emerged as the cheapest choice for a great value ski holiday in the latest Family Ski Resort Report.
- stepSt. Johann-Alpendorf
- AnnSan Martino di Castrozza
Snow cannons never work, and although the temperatures are very low all week, there is no snow and slopes are full of stones. For some reason the slopes are not cleaned at all in the night - in the morning you come to the same mess of moguls from yesterday. I saw the machines parked but no sign of them being put to use. The queues are horrible too, and we heard from people that there has been no water at all in part of the hotels for 3 days.
Lots of wide open well maintained pistes with no particularly difficult runs. Some huge uplift capacity with lots of modern lifts with covers for cold weather and some heated chairlifts. Are some very busy connection points where multiple lifts start from resulting in lots of crossing runs near lift stations. Gets very busy in half term month with some real bottle necks so it feels like skiing on a moving carpet at times. Good snow making kit so even though low resort could ski back to hotel every day and thats late feb early March. A fair number of stupid skiers on the red runs going far faster than their ability allows so saw several crashes and many near misses. Plenty of reasonably priced bars and restaurants up mountain. Lost of good hotels close to bottom of main lifts around teh area. really nothing for advanced skier unless off piste comes into play and good intermediates woudl get bored particularly if very busy which means early morning lunchtime or late afternoon best times. Over all I would say probably a good resort for families with children as hotels and school well set up. Easy for Beginners and progressing to intermediate as wid eopen easy pistes.
Enjoyable slopes for families. Nothing scary, lots of blue options. If you are looking to ski away from the crowds this is a wonderful resort. It was lovely and quiet and no lift queues. Advance skiers there is enough here for a mornings ski. Beginner Skiers you can have fun here all day. There is even a snowpark.
Latest Resort Votes
- Europe - France - Val d'Isere4
- Europe - Austria - Zell am See4.3
- Europe - Italy - Passo del Tonale4.3
- Europe - Switzerland - Grächen3.6
- Europe - France - Val Thorens4.1
- Europe - Italy - Limone Piemonte3.8
- Europe - France - Courchevel4.4
- Europe - Georgia - Gudauri3.1
- Europe - France - Vars3.5
- Europe - Italy - Cesana3.7