Ski Resort News
A total of 5 million euros has been invested in the quality of the infrastructure at Nassfeld:
- More comfort through piste improvements and extensions: Carnia Downhill Run (Piste 80), Schnittlauchkofel and Bobo Trail (Piste 70)
- Newly built race & training piste "Rudnigsattel": training facility for ski clubs, bookable with prior registration
- Extension and optimisation of the mechanical artificial snowmaking facility / expansion of the water reservoir
- Expansion of the piste guidance system and the snow depth measuring system
- New beginners practicing area including rope lift and new ski school building directly at the lower terminus of the Millennium Express gondola lift as well as extension of the piste surface in the beginners area
- Extension and enhancement of the cross-country ski and biathlon centre in Tröpolach
- Quality investments in tourist accommodations and culinary establishments
Winter season 2018/19 from 07/12/2018 until 22/04/2019
Latest Resort News
On 1st July 2023 the Matterhorn Glacier Ride II will enter service
A long-cherished vision becomes reality: a connection between Zermatt and the Italian resort of Cervinia, unbroken and operational throughout the year, thanks to the Matterhorn Alpine Crossing. As of 1 July 2023, the Matterhorn Glacier Ride II will be the final piece of the puzzle, as the highest continuous Alpine crossing by cable car is completed.
Red Bull Hammers with Hommies final in Madonna di Campiglio.
Red Bull Hammers with Homies returns with the international final in Madonna di Campiglio. Crews from all over Europe will arrive at the spectacular Ursus Snowpark to compete for the victory hammer.
Garaventa builds one of Switzerland’s biggest chairlifts in Villars resort
The fourth 8-seater chairlift in Switzerland went into service at the beginning of December 2022 in the Villars-Gryon-Diablerets ski area. The new ropeway means a significant increase in capacity for the trip from Villars to Les Diablerets.